Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Article published in Early Music America magazine

Last December and January, I wrote an article for Early Music America magazine about the Berwick Academy, which puts the finishing touches on young professionals bound for the historical performance arena. The three-week institute's faculty offers Monica Huggett, Rachel Podger, Debra Nagy, and other eminent artists. All of the students receive a fellowship to participate in the academy. One of the students that I interviewed is violist Kim Mai Nguyen who now plays with the Portland Baroque Orchestra and is a member of the Oregon Symphony. The Berwick Academy is part of the Oregon Bach Festival, and in fall, it will have its own recital hall in a new building that will also house the OBF offices. My article is fairly substantial - 2,000 words, and the editor put it on the cover. So, I took a photo of it on my laptop.

No comments: