Monday, May 24, 2010

Notes on being a critic

Sometimes, like last Friday, there are too many good concerts to attend. With a choice of performances by 45th Parallel, Fear No Music, and Opera Theater Oregon's Hercules vs. Vampires, you can't go wrong. But I didn't make it to any of these shows, because I had some extra writing to do, and I'm trying to stop my habit of writing every evening until 1 or 2 in the morning (which is really getting old). So, the only concert that I attended over the weekend was the exceptional performance by the Oregon Symphony, and my review is in Oregon Music News.

Portland has so many fine musicians (including singers!) that it's hard to keep up with everyone. I plan to do as well as I can and that will include interviews for Oregon Music News.

No comments: