Thursday, February 1, 2007

First Reverberation

Portland, Oregon is a wonderful place to live because there's so much great classical music being made throughout the year. The trouble is, not enough has been said about this. Too many concerts and recitals are not being previewed or reviewed. Too many singers and musicians go unnoticed.

I'm starting this blog to record some of my thoughts about classical music. For the past ten years I've published many articles on this topic in many magazines and newspapers. Most of what I hear takes place in the Pacific Northwest, but I do get to listen to concerts all over the nation and the world. I recently reviewed a Cleveland Orchestra concert that took place in Asheville, North Carolina. You can find this review at http://www.cvnc.org/reviews/2007/012007/ClevelandOrch.html.

I'll be posting more thoughts soon.

No comments: